I suggest keep the bug on Wikimedia's servers and using a tool which
relies on SQL databases. These could be shared with the toolserver
where the "official" version of the analysis tool runs and users are
enabled to run their own queries (so taking a tool with a good
database structure would be nice). With that the toolserver users
could set up their own cool tools on that data.