2009/6/4 Finne Boonen <hen...@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 17:00, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxw...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> What exactly are people looking for that isn't available from
>> stats.grok.se that isn't a privacy concern?
>> I had assumed that people kept installing these bugs because they
>> wanted source network break downs per-article and other clear privacy
>> violations.

> On top of views/page
> I'd be interested in keywords used, entry&exit points, path analysis
> when people are editing (do they save/leave/try to find help/...)
> #edit starts, #submitted edits that don't get saved.

Path analysis is a big one. All that other stuff, if it won't violate
privacy, would be fantastically useful to researchers, internal and
external, in ways we won't have even thought of yet, and help us
considerably to improve the projects.

(This would have to be given considerable thought from a
security/hacker mindset - e.g. even with IPs stripped, listing user
pages and user page edits would likely give away an identity. Talk
pages may do the same. Those are just off the top of my head, I'm sure
someone has already made a list of what they could work out even with
IPs anonymised or even stripped.)

- d.