Hello,

I need a little help understanding the deployment policy used on
Wikipedia in order to have a better image of the relation between
different types of request in bugzilla and the code added to ro.wp
following those requests.

I read at
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/phase3/RELEASE-NOTES?view=markup&pathrev=51492
that "MediaWiki is now using a "continuous integration" development
model with quarterly snapshot releases. The latest development code is
always kept "ready to run", and in fact runs our own sites on
Wikipedia.".

Indeed, when googling for the blogs of some wikimedia engineers, you
can see that at certain times the latest code from trunk is pushed
onto the production servers. On the other hand, when activating an
extension, the latest stable version is activated.

Is this the way it's really happening? If so, why are there two
different policies? Which of those two do you consider best?

Thanks,
    Strainu