On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 1:36 AM, Aaron L Halfaker<hal...@cs.umn.edu> wrote:
> As part of our continuing work within Wikipedia, my colleagues and I are
> conducting an academic (non-commercial) study in which we have developed
> a modification that is designed to help users work together more
> effectively by changing the interface for reverting other editors.

Interesting. Well, I've installed it. Some thoughts:
1) It's ugly. :)
2) There's a bit of assumed background which you're not spelling out,
such as the 3RR policy, the difference between revert/undo/rollback,
WP:BITE etc...
3) I knew how to install it, but would most people?
4) To be honest, most of the time that I undo, I probably don't want
to alert the person to the fact. Vandalism, or various mistakes for
example.
5) If you intend this to be a permanent tool, consider wording like
"Undo and send a message" rather than "Be very nice". Being "nice" is
not necessarily a consideration - telling a vandal to sod off and not
do it again is not "nicer" than just reverting them.

But I guess you know what you're doing...

Steve