Chad <innocentkil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> What we need is something similar to parser tests, where it's
> absurdly easy to pop new tests in with little to no coding
> required at all. [...]

Is it really so much more difficult to write

| TestAddArticle ("Main Page", "blah blah");

than

| !! article
| Main Page
| !! text
| blah blah
| !! endarticle

or

| TestParser ("External links: trail", "Linktrails should not work for external
links: [http://example.com link]s", "<p>Linktrails should not work for external
links: <a href=\"http://example.com\"; class=\"external text\"
rel=\"nofollow\">link</a>s\n</p>");

than

| !! test
| External links: trail
| !! input
| Linktrails should not work for external links: [http://example.com link]s
| !! result
href="http://example.com"; class="external text" rel="nofollow">link</a>s
| !! end

I think the motivation for using standard techniques is to
lower the bar for newcomers to the code and not have them
to master another ("fairly self-explanatory") syntax.

Tim