From: Petr Kadlec <petr.kad...@gmail.com>
To: Wikimedia developers <wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:29:58 +0200
Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] Data Processing

2009/9/25 李琴 <q...@ica.stc.sh.cn>:
> The entire page text has been stroed in text table. But the recent change
> page just shows the edited text.
> Then,how do these text stroed?

It is not stored. It is evaluated during every diff view by comparing
(diffing) the two revisions (see phase3/includes/diff/*.php). Note you
can view differences between two non-consecutive versions (indeed, you
can compare two revisions not even belonging to the same page, e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/?diff=12345&oldid=67890&diffonly=1).

> I want to see the content(BLOB) of  old_text fiels in text table.
>  What should I do?

It depends on the configuration of your wiki. The “text” table might
contain the wikitext directly in the “old_text” column (in the source
text form, or as a serialized PHP object, see
phase3/includes/HistoryBlob.php), or the “old_text” column is only a
pointer to where/how the text is really stored, see e.g.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:External_Storage

-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]