2009/10/11 李琴 <q...@ica.stc.sh.cn>:
> Sorry,I can't  get this sentence's exact meaning. 'External storage stores
> page text on a separate DB server to the main wiki database.'
>
>   What 's separate DB server ?
>   Or I just want to know where can I get the page content?

On Wikipedia, we use one set of DB servers for the wiki database, and
a second set for text; this second set is called the external storage.
You don't need to worry about this too much, as small wikis typically
don't use external storage, but use the text table instead.

The difference view in recent changes is produced by comparing two
texts using an external program like diff; it's not stored anywhere
(other than possibly in the objectcache table, for caching purposes).

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)