I assume that you haven't been following the Drama Of The Week on enwiki?
In the latest episode, MZMcBride summons down the wrath of the gods by
giving a banned editor and prolific Wikipedia critic a list of 20 unwatched
biographies; the banned editor uses an army of socks to start a "breaching
experiment", vandalising the articles in interesting ways and monitoring how
long they remain unreverted; and MZMcBride resigns admin status *again* in
the face of a third ArbCom case over the whole issue.

I agree with a lot of MZ's reasoning ([1]) about the uselessness of "number
of watchers" as a metric for vandal risk.  But this is probably the worst
time in the past two years to be thinking about opening up
Special:UnwatchedPages.

--HM

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:MZMcBride#Full_e-mail_reply