On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Happy-melon <happy-me...@live.com> wrote:

> [...]

Of course. And the WMF can of course set its own defaults apart from
the software defaults. My original point of agreeing with the new setting
was in view of MediaWiki as a whole, not what some communities might
want.

I would expect that if we changed this in core, WMF would set a default
on their end setting it to sysop-only, as it is now. The projects should
not see a change in config like that against their wishes, we agree on
that point :)

-Chad