On 2 February 2010 18:53, Domas Mituzas <midom.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> However, that article is just rumour. I think it's more likely they made
>> some apc-like cache/optimizer than a compiler.
>
> http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=280583813919&id=9445547199&ref=nf

He say is a rewriter,    read  PHP, outputs C++  (probably he have
some custom classes like 'PHPString' to act like the PHP counterpart )

>>> Facebook >>>>
One common way to address these inefficiencies is to rewrite the more
complex parts of your PHP application directly in C++ as PHP
Extensions. This largely transforms PHP into a glue language between
your front end HTML and application logic in C++. From a technical
perspective this works well, but drastically reduces the number of
engineers who are able to work on your entire application.

I was thinking about that the other day, I understand why MediaWiki
don't follow that route.
There are any profile of  MediaWiki somewhere to see what parts of
MediaWiki consume most CPU cycles?  I bet is some regex.

ℱin del ℳensaje.