On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Trevor Parscal <tpars...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I think that's obvious. In all seriousness though, we may want to
> consider the possibility of letting users know about features they are
> missing out on.

If someone has a good idea of how to do this without being annoying,
that would be reasonable.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:36 AM, Daniel Friesen
<li...@nadir-seen-fire.com> wrote:
> I read a note before that someone caught Microsoft's Bing making a
> number of requests to their site with a UA that makes it look like ie6
> and inflates stats.
> http://opengameart.org/forumtopic/dear-microsoft
>
> Are the stats setup to differentiate between real ie6 users and bing
> autosurfing?

I'd be pretty surprised if Bing is generating enough traffic to
noticeably affect the percentage, even if it does get counted as IE6.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:17 AM, Stephen Bain <stephen.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone from Microsoft told this guy that they spoof the UA because
> some sites won't give content to UAs they don't recognise, including
> the msnbot:
>
> http://eng.genius.com/blog/2010/01/12/user-agent-strings/

Funny how every other search engine manages to use a real UA string . . .