On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<ava...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 01:04, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <ava...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Since the tests were ported from t/ to phpunit's
>> phase3/maintenance/tests/ in r61938 and other commits running the
>> tests on my machine takes up to 1GB of memory and grows as it runs
>> more tests. It seems that phpunit uses the same instance of the php
>> interpreter for running all the tests.
>>
>> Is there some way around this? Perhaps phpunit.xml could be tweaked so
>> that it runs a new php for each test?
>>
>> Furthermore when I run `make test' I get this:
>>
>>    Time: 03:35, Memory: 1849.25Mb
>>
>>    There were 2 failures:
>>
>>    1) LanguageConverterTest::testGetPreferredVariantUserOption
>>    Failed asserting that two strings are equal.
>>    --- Expected
>>    +++ Actual
>>    @@ @@
>>    -tg-latn
>>    +tg
>>

>> /home/avar/src/mw/trunk/phase3/maintenance/tests/LanguageConverterTest.php:82
>>
>>    2) Warning
>>    No tests found in class "ParserUnitTest".
>>
>>    FAILURES!
>>    Tests: 686, Assertions: 3431, Failures: 2, Incomplete: 34
>>
>> But when I run phpunit manually on the test then all tests pass:
>>
>>    $ phpunit LanguageConverterTest.php
>>    PHPUnit 3.4.5 by Sebastian Bergmann.

>>    Time: 23 seconds, Memory: 23.75Mb
>>
>>    OK (9 tests, 34 assertions)
>>
>> Also after I get "Tests: 686, Assertions: 3431, Failures: 2,
>> Incomplete: 34" in the first output phpunit doesn't exit and continues
>> hugging my memory. Why is it still running? It has already run all the
>> tests.
>
> I've worked around this by adding a 'make tap' target which runs the
> phpunit tests individually with Test::Harness. I made it the default
> target due to the problems with running all the tests at once with
> phpunit:
>
>    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/62071
>    http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/62072
>
> Does something run these tests or the parsertests automatically? It
> would be really neat to test all svn revisions of MediaWiki and report
> the results on Special:Code. I think I read somewhere that something
> runs the parsertests automatically.

It's supposed to be running the parser tests and uploading them on
commit, but that's been broken for a little while now. If we're got a
nice standard output from the tests (I think the XML is pretty suited
for this), we should be able to upload that result to Code Review.

-Chad