If you have been following the svn commits you may have noticed a bit of
activity on the js2 front.

I wanted to send a quick heads up that describes what is going on and
invite people to try things out, and give feedback.

== Demos ==

The js2 extension and associated extension are ruining on sandbox-9. If
you view the source of a main page you can see all the scripts and css
and grouped into associated buckets:

http://prototype.wikimedia.org/sandbox.9/Main_Page

I did a (quick) port of usabilityInitiative to use the script-loader as
well.  Notice if you click "edit" on a section you get all the css and
javascript, localized in your language and delivered in a single
request. ( I don't include the save / publish button since it was just a
quick port )

Part of the js2 work included a wiki-text parser for javascript client
side message transformation:
http://prototype.wikimedia.org/s-9/extensions/JS2Support/tests/testLang.html

There are a few cases out of the 356 tests were I think character
encoding is not letting identical messages pass the test and a few
transformations that don't match up. I will take a look at those  edge
cases soon.

The Multimedia initiative ( Neil and Guillaume's ) UploadWizard is a js2
/ mwEmbed based extension and also enabled on in that wiki as well:
http://prototype.wikimedia.org/sandbox.9/Special:UploadWizard

The js2 branch of the OggHandler includes Transcode support ( so embed
web resolution oggs when embed at web resolution in pages ) This avoids
720P ogg videos displayed at 240 pixels wide inline ;)
http://prototype.wikimedia.org/sandbox.9/Transcode_Test

The TimedMediaHandler of course include timed text display support which
has been seen on commons for a while http://bit.ly/aLo1pZ ...
Subtitles get looked up from commons when the repo is shared::
http://prototype.wikimedia.org/sandbox.9/File:Welcome_to_globallives_2.0.ogv

I have been working with the miro universal subtitles efforts so we
should have an easy interface for people to contribute subtitles with soon

Edits pages of course include the add-media-wizard which as been seen as
a remote http://bit.ly/9P144i for some time also now also works as an
extension

== Documentation ==

Some initial JS2 extension is in extensions/JS2Support/README
Feedback on that documentation would also be helpful.

--michael