On various Vector feedback pages as well as on OTRS many people report that
since the switch to Vector it takes significantly more time for Wikipedia
pages to load.

I didn't think that i experience significant slowness myself, but after
seeing a few reports i tried to measure it in a very non-precise way: I
loaded [[The Holocaust]], a long article with a lot of images. It took 25
seconds with Vector and 15 seconds with Monobook. I did both measurements
after cleaning the cache.

Some other articles:
* [[Slavery in the United States]] - 13 sec. on Vector, 7 sec. on Monobook
* [[Jehova's Witnesses]] - 10 sec. on Vector, 6 sec. on Monobook
* [[Nuclear program of Iran]] - 14 sec. on Vector, 9 sec. on Monobook.

Seems quite consecutive, but i'm not a professional website performance
tester.

Are there any more precise measurements?

Are there proper bugs reports about it? (I searched Bugzilla for "Vector
slow" and didn't find anything.)

--
אָמִיר אֱלִישָׁע אַהֲרוֹנִי
Amir Elisha Aharoni