> Not to "derail" the open-id idea I think we should support oAuth 100%
> and it certainly would help with persistent applications and scalability...

I don't think that's a derail at all.  I don't know OAuth that well, but it
seems to provide the same benefits of OpenID Provider.

Now... going to a 100% Ajax solution for apps... :-)  Yeah, I've seen that
used to solve interesting authentication & session problems.  But that does
limit the developer pool and range of apps that'll get built.  (Witness the
current scarcity of web-based auth-enabled wikimedia apps.)