On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Robb Shecter <r...@weblaws.org> wrote:

>> Not to "derail" the open-id idea I think we should support oAuth 100%
>> and it certainly would help with persistent applications and scalability...
>>

> I don't think that's a derail at all.  I don't know OAuth that well, but it
> seems to provide the same benefits of OpenID Provider.

OpenID and OAuth are different. The former provides a decentralized,
yet single, login service, while the latter provides an authorization
service from a consumer application to a provider application. They
seem similar at first, but do different things. Both would be nice to
have. The following article gives a good idea of the differences:

http://softwareas.com/oauth-openid-youre-barking-up-the-wrong-tree-if-you-think-theyre-the-same-thing

Respectfully,

Ryan Lane