Hi!

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 09:40, Domas Mituzas <midom.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Of course, we can use community driven sortkey hacks for some features ;-)
>
> Domas

Currently it is possible to define the sortkeys using
{{DEFAULTSORT:Sortkey}}
and in lots of places this "sortkey" coincide with the value of magic
words like {{PAGENAME}} and {{SUBPAGENAME}}, so we don't need to
update them manually. The (annoying) exception is when the value
returned by these magic words starts, for example, with "Á" and we
would like to have the page sorted in "A": in this cases we are forced
to type the sortkey manually.

Would it be possible to have some command for language-dependent word
conversions, like {{collation:<langcode>|<string>}}, whose result
should be the given <string> with character "Á" changed to "A" (and so
on for other characters), according to the <langcode>?

This could be used in situations like
{{DEFAULTSORT: {{collation: pt | {{SUBPAGENAME}} }} }}
or even to create a template {{Simplified sortkey}} with the code above.

What do you think?

Helder