On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Roan Kattouw <roan.katt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I know, this is exactly what happens in reality.

Then why do we need auto-deferral?  Just let the things we don't care
about stay new forever.

> As I discussed with a few others at Wikimania, it'd be nice to take
> this one step further and allow multiple people to sign off on a
> revision, possibly with various types of sign-off, like:
> * I read the diff and it looks good
> * I tested this and seems to work
> * I reviewed the niche part of this rev that I'm an expert on
> * I am Tim Starling and I approve this message^Hrevision
> * ...

I think this is a good idea.  For simplicity, I'd keep it to one
level, at least at first.  The understanding should be that you should
mark it reviewed if you're confident it's correct, and if obvious
errors crop up later, it means people will informally give less weight
to your review.  Whether you tested it or just reviewed the diff
should be up to you -- whatever you think it needs.