Jacopo Corbetta wrote:
> Hello, I see that for the 1.16 release many hooks were added in
> EditPage.php. First of all, I would like to thank the developers for
> making my job much easier: in the past I had to override entire
> methods of EditPage to implement the visual editor.

That's probably my work refactoring EditPage to be better extensible.

^_^ Thank the people who cleaned up after me instead of undoing the
feature too, I break trunk somehow whenever I commit to core even when I
test.
> I would like to get rid of all the messy stuff and use the new "clean"
> hooks, but I'm still having some issues:
>
> 1) I use the EditPageBeforeEditChecks hook to add a checkbox to
> disable MeanEditor. However, I also need to set it to the correct
> value. Right now, I am overriding the entire showStandardInputs
> function just to change line 1749 (referring to
> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/branches/REL1_16/phase3/includes/EditPage.php).
> Am I missing an obvious solution here?

You talking about the $checked values passed by showStandardInputs? I
think that was probably just there for legacy or to cleanly separate
values from that method, I can't remember. But all getCheckboxes uses
that for is passing booleans, can't you just supply the checkbox value
directly in your hook?
> 2) I would like to disable the default toolbar when the visual editor
> is in use. In the past, I used to override the entire showEditForm
> method and reset the $toolbar variable. How can I accomplish this now?

Ouch, it would have been nicer for you if getEditToolbar was not static.
And perhaps also if the two "should I show the toolbar" tests were
broken into another instance method.
I think you might be able to use EditPageBeforeEditToolbar to erase the
toolbar though.
> 3) I need to add the 'wymupdate' class to the standard buttons
> (submit, preview, diff, etc.). Is there a clean way to do this without
> overriding the entire getEditButtons method?

Hmm, that makes me think getEditButtons would have been better to use an
assoc-array where the contents were arguments to Xml::element so it
could be overridden instead of straight html.
I can't think of a non-ugly way to do this. You could almost override
getEditButtons, call the superclass method, and for each input use a
regex to insert a class manually... though that IS ugly.