On 07/29/2010 10:15 AM, Bryan Tong Minh wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have been working on getting asynchronous upload from url to work
> properly[1]. A problem that I encountered was that I need to store
> data across requests. Normally I would use $_SESSION, but this data
> should also be available to job runners, and $_SESSION isn't.

Could the job not include the session_id and upload_session_key .. then
in your job handling code you just connect into that session via
session_id( $session_id ); session_start(); to update the values ? .
That seems like it would be more lightweight than DB status updates. ..
I see Platonides suggested this as well.. ( that is how it was done
originally done but with a background php process rather than jobs table
) see
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/phase3/includes/HttpFunctions.php?view=markup&pathrev=53825

line 145 ( doSessionIdDownload )

--michael