On 8/17/10 2:33 PM, David Gerard wrote:
> ...Wikipedia deliberately broke itself so therefore it's
> Wikipedia's stupidity. (And this is not an unreasonable description of
> how it happened.)

I'm not sure insulting the people who worked on Vector is the best way
to motivated them to fix things. At the last company I worked for (which
owns a couple of top 100 websites and has a staff of thousands), they
didn't even care about their sites working right on iPhones. Considering
the number of cell phones that Vector does work on, and the fact that it
was implemented by a small handful of developers, I think they should be
commended rather than insulted. But that's just me. (FYI, I had no
involvement in Vector development.)
> A suggestion: post to the techblog with precisely what you need from
> what classes of users. This can then be spread around the bogosphere
> and recruit all the help with browser issues you could want.
This is a useful suggestion and I'll see if it's doable.

Ryan Kaldari