On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 00:53:04 +0200, Platonides wrote:

>> + Switch the wiki to use this db and return a cookie or some other
>> state information that identifies this test run configuration.
>
> I think you mean for remote petitions, not just for internal queries,
> where do you expect to store that data?

Not sure what you mean by remote petitions.

Selenium requests always come through the web portal from the selenium
server. So, no internal queries are involved.

Where to store the data is an open question, one that requires
consultation with others. However, here are some thoughts:

+ The data must be persistent. If the wiki crashes for some reason, there
may be cloned dbs and test-specific copies of images and images/math
hanging around. (Depending how we handle the cache information, there may
also be fossil cache data). This requires cleanup after a wiki crash.

+ It would be possible to store the data in a file or in a master db
table. Which is best (or if something else is better) is a subject for
discussion.

We may be able to use the mechanisms in the code that supports access to
different language versions of a wiki (e.g., Wikipedia) using the same
code. I am not familiar with these mechanisms, so this approach requires
help from someone who is.

--
-- Dan Nessett