On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 02:47:00 +0200, Platonides wrote:

> Dan Nessett wrote:
>>> What about memcached?
>>> (that would be a key based on the original db name)
>>
>> The storage has to be persistent to accommodate wiki crashes (e.g.,
>> httpd crash, server OS crash, power outage). It might be possible to
>> use memcachedb, but as far as I am aware that requires installing
>> Berkeley DB, which complicated deployment.
>>
>> Why not employ the already installed DB software used by the wiki? That
>> provides persistent storage and requires no additional software.
>
> My original idea was to use whatever ObjectCache the wiki used, but it
> could be forced to use the db as backend (that's the objectcache table).

My familiarity with the ObjectCache is casual. I presume it holds data
that is set on particular wiki access requests and that data is then used
on subsequent requests to make them more efficient. If so, then using a
common ObjectCache for all concurrent test runs would cause interference
between them. To ensure such interference doesn't exist, we would need to
switch in a per-test-run ObjectCache (which takes us back to the idea of
using a per-test-run db, since the ObjectCache is implemented using the
objectcache table).

--
-- Dan Nessett