As I mentioned in a prior email, I have been converting
UsabilityInitiative/* extensions to work with ResourceLoader, and in the
process removing their dependency on UsabilityInitiative.php. Some of
these extensions were not really using any functionality in
UsabilityInitiative.php, so their "conversion" was more like cleanup and
removing a line that included it unnecessarily. The remaining extensions
(WikiEditor, Vector, ClickTracking and PrefStats) are now only
compatible with MediaWiki 1.17 because they depend on ResourceLoader
functionality.

I'm hoping these extensions, especially WikiEditor and Vector can be
examples of how to make use of ResourceLoader in extensions. Please
note: if you are working on code that is aimed at deployment this year,
you should not depend on ResourceLoader. We hope to have it running live
in November, but that's not a guarantee.

Please see the README for UsabilityInitiative
(http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/UsabilityInitiative/README?view=markup)

which you will notice ends in calling out that these extensions should
be moved. I've already moved Vector and WikiEditor, and the remaining
ones will likely be moved soon if there are no objections.

This should put the last nail in the coffin for UsabilityInitiative.
(the extension that is, the grant has been over for ages!)

- Trevor