Hi!
I would like to thank Roan Kattouw for helping me to adapt my
Extension:WikiSync to use ResourceLoader. Before asking, I've spend some
hours trying to get it to work, unsuccessfully. One of key errors was
not so easy to guess: it turned out that browsers violate "self-closing"
xml tags sometimes (a tag without nested text node - with slash inside),
and it was such case with iframe. I probably even have heard about this
few years ago, but already forgot it. While in Monobook and addScripts()
head inclusion that was not critical (the extension worked), with
bottom-inclusion it's much more critical. (I've observed non-closed tags
in some old extensions, sometimes). The real nastiness is, that my
extension used arrays to represent html /xml and the entries are
"auto-closed", so the tree should be valid. I wasn't even thinking of
possibility of non-closed tags (invalid tree) in my case.
Dmitriy