On 10-12-31 05:59 AM, Roan Kattouw wrote:
> 2010/12/31 Radim Kolar<h...@sendmail.cz>:
>> Hi,
>>   i will work on improving DB2 mediawiki port in 1.17. Currently there
>> is a problem with missing template class so i cant even run installer.
>> Can you give me some schedule when will be 1.17 in good enough state to
>> let me work on database backend?
>>
>> PHP Fatal error:  Class 'BaseTemplate' not found in
>> /home/hsn/public_html/phase3/skins/Vector.php on line 344
>>
> There are no big stability problems with either 1.17
> (/branches/REL1_17 , which you don't seem to be running because none
> of the BaseTemplate code is in there) or trunk (/trunk/phase3). The
> error you're running into is just someone making a silly mistake (not
> putting the BaseTemplate class in the AutoLoader) and should already
> be fixed, from looking at the code. This kind of thing happens in
> development code every now and then, and it hardly ever takes more
> than a few hours to be noticed and fixed (usually much faster, even).
> Roan Kattouw (Catrope)
I would say it sounds more like someone is running 1.17 core with a 1.18
skins folder, but looking at REL1_17, it looks like when the larger
portions of my skin system improvements (BaseTemplate) we're reverted in
the 1.17 branch after branching to make them part of 1.18 instead of
1.17 the reverter missed the portions of those commits they were
reverting which were inside of the skins/ folder.