On 10-12-31 06:49 AM, Daniel Friesen wrote:
> On 10-12-31 05:59 AM, Roan Kattouw wrote:
>> 2010/12/31 Radim Kolar<h...@sendmail.cz>:
>>> Hi,
>>>    i will work on improving DB2 mediawiki port in 1.17. Currently there
>>> is a problem with missing template class so i cant even run installer.
>>> Can you give me some schedule when will be 1.17 in good enough state to
>>> let me work on database backend?
>>>
>>> PHP Fatal error:  Class 'BaseTemplate' not found in
>>> /home/hsn/public_html/phase3/skins/Vector.php on line 344
>>>
>> There are no big stability problems with either 1.17
>> (/branches/REL1_17 , which you don't seem to be running because none
>> of the BaseTemplate code is in there) or trunk (/trunk/phase3). The
>> error you're running into is just someone making a silly mistake (not
>> putting the BaseTemplate class in the AutoLoader) and should already
>> be fixed, from looking at the code. This kind of thing happens in
>> development code every now and then, and it hardly ever takes more
>> than a few hours to be noticed and fixed (usually much faster, even).
>> Roan Kattouw (Catrope)
> I would say it sounds more like someone is running 1.17 core with a 1.18
> skins folder, but looking at REL1_17, it looks like when the larger
> portions of my skin system improvements (BaseTemplate) we're reverted in
> the 1.17 branch after branching to make them part of 1.18 instead of
> 1.17 the reverter missed the portions of those commits they were
> reverting which were inside of the skins/ folder.
>
> ~Daniel Friesen (Dantman, Nadir-Seen-Fire) [http://daniel.friesen.name]

Ok, on closer looked, it was reverted correctly inside of the 1.17
branch by the reverter.
But then
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki?view=revision&revision=79129
went and re-introduced half the code, leaving things in a wierd state of
limbo where parts of the code are from 1.17, parts are from the code
meant to be in 1.18, and some of the files are mixed...