Op 1 jan 2011, om 13:50 heeft Magnus Manske het volgende geschreven:

> For the impatient, add
>
> document.write('<script type="text/javascript"
> src="http://toolserver.org/~magnus/wysiwtf/wysiwtf.js";><\/script>');
>
> to your vector.js,

Okay, I've switched to Firefox 4 Beta on Mac and it works there.
One error I got though, when I click the WYSIWTF-tab it got stuck on
"Parsing..." modal box.
Console told me "images.query [undefined] is not an object".

API call to
http://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=query&generator=images&titles=Sandbox&prop=info&imlimit=500&format=json
returned an empty array (the Sandbox page didn't contain any images at
the time).

Another (that you already mentioned partially) is that when I went
into "WTF"-mode the image suddenly changed from MW.org's local image
to ENWP's local "File:Example.jpg".
Although I understand it doens't differentiate between local and
commons, I think we should keep wiki-independance in mind from the
start.
ie. using wgVariables instead of 'en'.

Op 1 jan 2011, om 15:40 heeft Jan Paul Posma het volgende geschreven:

>> What I would like is some discussion about
>> * if this approach (working pseudo-WYSIWYG instead of unattainable
>> perfect WYSIWYG) is the way to go
>> * if the code I wrote would be a suitable basis for a system we can
>> throw at the general public
>> * if anyone is willing to help me with that
>>
>> As always, my code is GPL, and I would be more than happy if, in the
>> end, it would become "official" Foundation code, with staff that
>> supports it. Well, I can dream...
>
> You seem to want to do exactly the same thing as I'm doing, but in
> the browser only! Maybe you're interested in looking at
> http://janpaulposma.nl/sle/wiki
> , http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:JanPaul123/Sentence-
> level_editing,
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2010-October/050031.html
>  and http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Sentence-level_editing
>
> Anyway, I have also looked at doing parsing in the browser, which is
> quite interesting. WikiBasha also uses JS parsing, so maybe it's a
> good idea to look at that too. Trevor also made a JS parser, but I
> think it's not in SVN (yet).
>
> Regards,
> Jan Paul

Right now there are three or four projects in active development
(including Magnus' WYSIWTF en Sentence-level editing).
How about working together ?

Compare what the current status of the different projects is, what are
the ultimate goals, which are closest to it ?
Then import from others to it to make one awesome thing.

Personaly I also prefer the non-WYSIWYG editing style. In other words:
Showing what things are but staying in (in)direct contact
with wikitext.

--
Krinkle