Op 2 jan 2011, om 01:13 heeft Aryeh Gregor het volgende geschreven:
> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Krinkle <krinklem...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I doubt the addition of overflow:hidden has this consequence since
>> that has been broadly tested
>> in all kinds of browsers and has been default on several wikis for a
>> long while.
>
> IIRC, overflow: hidden does indeed cause this issue on at least one
> very old browser, maybe IE5/Mac.  I vaguely recall it being tried but
> reverted sometime several years ago.  If memory serves and IE5/Mac is
> the issue, of course, we should just ignore it, because it would be
> crazy to try supporting it.

Indeed,  if Marc Riddell is using IE5/Mac then we can't help but to
say that you
should switch to a more recent browser, because MediaWIki has dropped
support for it.
Which doesn't mean everything has to brake. There are plenty of people
among the
developers who know especially much about the behaviour of older
browsers and will
try to implement proper fallbacks where possible.

But overflow:hidden fixes many issues, and shows no problems in any of
the supported
browsers (not even IE6).

--
Krinkle