That's much better than using editbin :)

I added the following:
<IfModule mpm_winnt_module>
ThreadStackSize 8388608
</IfModule>

The stack overflow issue is gone now. This should be in the MW.org apache
config docs and elsewhere (especially for 1.17, since nothing beforehand was
running into this limit).