On 02/16/2011 04:48 PM, Ryan Lane wrote:
>> K>  Who cares about wether or not a bit of whitespace changed ?
>> My argument exactly.
>> Every couple weeks I do
>> $ svn diff -r BASE:HEAD RELEASE-NOTES
>> and if all looks safe, I then do
>> $ svn update
>
> You aren't running trunk in production, right? Right?

And what's wrong with that?

One of the nice things about the MediaWiki development process is that
our trunk generally *is* usable.  Sure, every one in a while someone
fails to test their code properly before committing and breaks
something, but generally you can just report the regression on
#mediawiki and it'll get fixed or reverted promptly.

Anyway, we really should encourage more people to run trunk.  It's the
only efficient way to catch bugs before we put out a tarball.

--
Ilmari Karonen