On 03/26/2011 12:03 AM, Andrew Garrett wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 1:46 AM, Tod<listac...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> This is a fork of this thread:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/wiki/wikitech/228949?page=last
>>

>> Is there a possibility that I could instead (easily) merge the handful
>> of individual wiki's content into one consolidated wiki and implement a
>> more enhanced search against it instead? I've no experience performing a
>> merge like this so expert advice would be appreciated!
>
> Have you tried dumping all of your wikis (see
> <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/XML_dump#XML_dump>), and importing all
> of the dumps into one wiki?

I'm working with a group that has customized their mediawiki
installation so that they can create multiple wiki instances, each with
their own database, that have no knowledge of each others existence.
This was done for security and privacy reasons.

The dumpBackup.php utility seems to be built for a single mediawiki
instance that uses a single database so there is no option to pass it a
database name to dump.

I can dump each individual databases and try to merge them.  Has anybody
tried that?

Thanks - Tod