On 11-03-28 08:09 AM, Tod wrote:
> On 03/26/2011 12:03 AM, Andrew Garrett wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 1:46 AM, Tod<listac...@gmail.com>   wrote:
>>> This is a fork of this thread:
>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/wiki/wikitech/228949?page=last
>>>

>>> Is there a possibility that I could instead (easily) merge the handful
>>> of individual wiki's content into one consolidated wiki and implement a
>>> more enhanced search against it instead? I've no experience performing a
>>> merge like this so expert advice would be appreciated!
>> Have you tried dumping all of your wikis (see
>> <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/XML_dump#XML_dump>), and importing all
>> of the dumps into one wiki?
>>
> I'm working with a group that has customized their mediawiki
> installation so that they can create multiple wiki instances, each with
> their own database, that have no knowledge of each others existence.
> This was done for security and privacy reasons.
>
> The dumpBackup.php utility seems to be built for a single mediawiki
> instance that uses a single database so there is no option to pass it a
> database name to dump.
>
> I can dump each individual databases and try to merge them.  Has anybody
> tried that?
>

> Thanks - Tod
Our Maintenance class includes a --wiki param which accepts something
like --wiki=thedb or --wiki=thedb-theprefix and sets MW_DB and MW_PREFIX
constants you can use in your LocalSettings.

Though I could have sworn rather than that we had a proper wiki setting
that set a variable with a wiki id the LocalSettings could use in the
cli in place of the domain testing you have for web requests.