2011/4/14 Siebrand Mazeland <s.mazel...@xs4all.nl>:
> So when will we be able to drop IE6 support in MediaWiki completely? What
> metrics/thresholds can we use?

IMO there's a difference between no longer supporting IE6 and no
longer protecting IE6 users from XSS attacks.

> I would suggest to set a percentage of worldwide usage as reported by some
> "trusted" statistics reported, or possibly a percentage of Wikimedia
> pageviews. 3% or 4%?

At least for JavaScript feature development, our unofficial cutoff for
"we're not gonna spend any time on this browser, if it works, great,
if it doesn't, tough luck" is 0.5%. However, that's just for JS
enhancements; it's my opinion that at least reading Wikipedia should
be possible (i.e. not severely broken) in almost every browser.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)