Hoi,
The people with IE6 have disproportionally problems with reading Wikipedia
in their mother tongue and IE6 can be found particularly in the "global
south". Also CommScore numbers are unlikely to see this potential.

The question is not should we support IE6, it is just that I wonder about
what our numbers show.
Thanks,
      GerardM