"Platonides" <platoni...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:isjjo3$dmq$1...@dough.gmane.org...
> Ashar Voultoiz wrote:
>> On 06/06/11 00:56, K. Peachey wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> Logged in users don't get cached versions of the page...
>>
>> I am well aware of that.  The root cause being the various options
>> available to users, my proposal is merely to get ride of one of the
>> options :-)
>
> I think you would find opposition from wikipedians when you tried to
> ditch the stub threshold option.

We find opposition from some subset of Wikipedians when we try to do just
about anything.  The presence of a small group of extremely vocal users
should certainly be noted, but shouldn't be an automatic blocker, or we'd
never get anything done.  If we proceeded to remove the feature, they could
fairly easily add it into Popups or one of the other JS citadels.

--HM