Hey,

> Assuming that we are going to put *some* extensions in, we need to decide
which ones.

As some might remember, I raised the question of the Validator extension [0]
could be included in the tarball earlier this year [1]. This extensions goal
is facilitating features in other extensions, which makes it somewhat
unique, and is I think a good reason to include it in the tarball. It
currently has 8 other extensions that are directly dependent on it, and at
least a dozen more that are indirectly dependent on it, so having it in the
tarball would make using it easier for extension devs.

[0] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Validator
[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org/msg11876.html

Cheers

--