Jeroen De Dauw wrote:
> As some might remember, I raised the question of the Validator extension [0]
> could be included in the tarball earlier this year [1]. This extensions goal
> is facilitating features in other extensions, which makes it somewhat
> unique, and is I think a good reason to include it in the tarball. It
> currently has 8 other extensions that are directly dependent on it, and at
> least a dozen more that are indirectly dependent on it, so having it in the
> tarball would make using it easier for extension devs.
>
> [0] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Validator
> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org/msg11876.html

Are you familiar with ExtensionFunctions.php? This extension kind of reminds
me of it. I only briefly read through the docs, but it seems like the kind
of code that should be in core, particularly if multiple extensions are
relying on it. MediaWiki administration is already cumbersome; added
dependencies should be killed when possible, not encouraged.

MZMcBride