On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 12:56 AM, Brion Vibber <br...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Great that we have a list! :D
>
> Do make sure that all of those individual settings get tested before
> touching the production cluster;
Well that's what the testwiki thing is for :)

> I'd be particularly worried about the
> possibility of exposing '//domain/something' style URLs into output that
> requires a fully-clickable link.

I don't quite get this -- the example below refers to API output, and
you're right we need to really output absolute URLs there (good
catch!), but I don't see any other scenario where outputting
protocol-relative URLs would be bad. Maybe RSS feeds, too, and non-UI
things in general, but really everything in the UI ought to be fair
game, right?

> It looks like wfExpandUrl() *does* correctly expand protocol-relative URLs
> against the current $wgServer setting, so a lot of things that already
> expect to handle path-relative URLs should already be fine.
>
> But some like the interwikis may be assuming fully-qualified URLs; for
> instance on API results those should probably return fully-qualified URLs
> but they're probably not running through wfExpandURL.

Good point, but I'm more worried about the reverse TBH: what if
there's some code that runs stuff through wfExpandUrl() even though it
could, and maybe even should, be protocol-relative?

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)