On 07/06/2011 03:04 PM, Brion Vibber wrote:
> Some of you may have found that ResourceLoader's bundled & minified
> JavaScript loads can be a bit frustrating when syntax errors creep into your
> JavaScript code -- not only are the line numbers reported in your browser of
> limited help, but a broken file can cause *all* JS modules loaded in the
> same request to fail[1]. This can manifest as for instance a jquery-using
> Gadget breaking the initial load of jquery itself because it gets bundled
> together into the same request.

Long term I wonder if we should not be looking at closure compiler [1],
we could gain an additional 10% or so compression with simple
optimisations, and it has tools for inspecting compiled output [2]

Long term we could work toward making code compatible with advanced
optimisations, as a side effect we could get improved jsDoc docs and
even better compression and optimisations would be possible.

[1] http://code.google.com/closure/compiler/
[2] http://code.google.com/closure/compiler/docs/inspector.html