Well, maybe Danese was doing some psycho-calisthenics behind my back, but the
few times I've done it with her, the only direction she made was to notice a
few times that people were continuing to speak longer than they ought. But
y'know, a panel can do the same thing, so no magic wand necessary.
From: wikitech-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[wikitech-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] on behalf of Daniel Kinzler
[dan...@brightbyte.de]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2011 11:54 AM
To: Wikimedia developers
Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] "Ask the Developers" panel at Wikimania

On 01.08.2011 15:50, Russell N. Nelson - rnnelson wrote:
> Fish bowl is easy. You have two concentric circles of chairs. The inner
> circle are the people speaking. When someone in the inner circle has spoken
> their piece, they get up, and somebody from the outer circle can move in.
> Less pressure on the speakers to say something. If you have nothing sensible
> to say, you get up!

yea, the mechanics are easy enough, but i have the impression that you need to
have a bit of experience to actually make it work. especially if the outer
circle is 50 people - or 200, who knows. Also, we'll probably not be able to
change the room layout too much, so circles may not be possible at all. I'll ask
dror about that if i see him tonight.

-- daniel