>From the orig post "Recent Intel CPU has a fature called
AES-NI<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES_instruction_set> that
accelerates AES processing. A CPU with AES-NI can perform 5 to 10 times
faster than a CPU without it. We observe that a single core can perform 5
Gbps and 15 Gbps for encryption and decryption respectively." There's no
longer a need for specialized hardware solutions in this space, GPU based or
otherwise.