experimental status of LQT, that it is not deemed ready for production
use.

A review of events as they seem to me:
#1 So during the 1.17 upgrade LQT brroke for the Swedish community,
they filed bugs and went "it happens" thinking this was fully tested
production mw.org supported extension.
#2 Then it broke in 1.18 again and they went (and I'm extrapolating
here) "ugh, this isn't a one time thing, there are big problems here
we don't want to babysit this extension when so many of our users are
unhappy every time it breaks, leaving us with non-working talk pages."
#3 So they talked it over and decided to go back to regular talk pages.
#4 They let us know through mw.org mailing list that they weren't
about to use what they view as such a poorly supported extension.

Since I love analogies, they feel like they went to the store and
bought a game (Rage for the PC), brought it home and it was buggy as
hell, they submitted reports about the problems. Then after the next
patch it was still buggy. This time they went back to the store and
got a refund, they didn't take the time to file meticulous bug reports
(that is non-trivial to do for regular users and admins imo). They
really don't care anymore about whatever bugs it may have, they've
moved on.

Of course the misunderstanding here is that LQT is production ready
and would operate more-or-less bugfree (in terms of show stoppers and
major problems). This just isn't the case.

So it's unfortunate that the Swedish community has been operating
under this assumption, but they clearly made the right decision for
their users if they need something stable right now and aren't ready
to deal with big problems right now during upgrades.

Lars I hope this clears thing up for you, and you can go back to your
community with a bit of enthusiasm restored, we care about LQT, it's
getting better, and maybe one day we'll have a "production" ready
version that you can try out again and re-evaluate with your users.
But that day is not today.

>From our perspective, perhaps more can be done to clearly indicate the
status of extensions and who they appropriate for.

- Finlay