LQT's got exactly as many developers attached to it as it ever has
had: one (part-time). Andrew has continued his work on the backend
rewrite, and if you report bugs, he'll fix them. But I completely
understand that projects may wish to disable or not adopt LQT given
the glacial pace of development.

That's consistent with the prioritization in
http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Product_Whitepaper -- we just
simply don't have the resources to give it the amount of love that
it'll need right now. And while I agree it's tremendously important to
replace talk pages (I wrote the original LQT proposal in 2004 for that
reason, and shepherded the initial development), it's also
tremendously difficult to do right -- not quite Visual Editor scale of
complexity, but close.

So unless we end up partnering on this e.g. with Wikia or a chapter,
it'll likely not pick up again until mid-2012. But until then, we at
least owe it to the project and the community to keep it maintained so
the codebase doesn't rot and users who have chosen to use it aren't
completely frustrated. So please do report bugs and major UI/UX
issues, and perhaps we can organize a LQT bug triage soon.
--
Erik Möller