2011/11/15 Philip Chang <pch...@wikimedia.org>:
> TO: All Wikimedia Project Administrators
>

> As a follow-up to this original blog post about the new mobile site:
>
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2011/09/14/new-mobile-site-launched-on-wikipedia-soon-for-sister-wikis-too/
>
> Please note that the conversion to the new Mobile Frontend extension will
> be completed in the week of November 28.
>
> This means that by default any user of a mobile device will see the mobile
> interface rather then the desktop version. Users will no longer have to add
> the extra .m by hand.
>
> This also means any home pages not yet designed for mobile viewing will
> appear with a search bar only - unless you create a home page in the next
> three weeks, which is very easy to do!
>
> Instructions for creating a home page are here:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Projects/Mobile_Gateway#Mobile_homepage
>
> Please forward this email as necessary.
>
> As always, the mobile-l and mobile-feedback-l mailing lists are available.
> There will be many more announcements in the coming months on mobile-l, and
> always feel free to send comments to mobile-feedback-l.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Phil

Thanks for the heads-up Philip. I tried to apply your advice to ro.wp
[1] and it worked only partially: the article of the day and the news
sections appear, but not the "did you know", "on this day" and the
custom "comunitate" sections. Why is that?

Another question is how do I know in a template that the mobile skin
is active? We have customized versions for the Quality Article and On
this Day sections that are much better adapted for the mobile screens.

Also, why do the standard sections begin with mp and the custom ones with mf?

Thanks,
  Strainu
[1]
https://ro.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Pagina_principal%C4%83&action=historysubmit&diff=5856180&oldid=5437667