On 23 November 2011 19:13, Philip Chang <pch...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> We are suggesting that a home page customized for mobile viewing is perhaps
> more suitable, but I also understand the point you are making and will take
> that into consideration.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that. The question is over whether
no home page at all (just a search bar) is better than a home page
that hasn't been customised for mobile users. I'm not sure that it is.

Also, can you elaborate on what you said about country-specific home
pages? Why would we want that? Wikipedias are for languages, not
countries. All Wikipedias should have global reach, regardless of what
language they are in. If individual language communities want to
create different home pages for different countries, then I doubt the
rest of the movement would step in to stop them, but it shouldn't be
something initiated by the tech team. I suggest you find out if anyone
wants such a feature before you implement it...