"Hashar" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r105280.

Commit summary for MediaWiki.r105280:

Diff colors now use the french Wikipedia scheme

The french community has been using a specific set of colors for diff, it is
believed to be easier to read for people perceiving colors differently.

Source is from:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?oldid=72567845&uselang=en

This commit override r94429 / r94461.

See also docs/uidesign/mediawiki.action.history.diff.html

Hashar's comment:

I have talked with Darkoneko from the french wiki (he added comments above):
the color have apparently been chosen randomly. He has protanomaly and told me
there is not justification to have green on left and blue on right. See his
comment https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/105280#c27748

French Wikipedia had the green color on left for the last 5 or 6 years and that
did not raise any issue. As I interprets it, we could consider that the left
part is the validated text and the right part is the change pending validation.
So that the green on left (validated) and blue on right (pending) would make
sense :-D

I personally don't care. Would be glad to apply Edokter patch on bug 33139 if
the community reach a consensus.