complete off-topic

I has ben following this interesting thread, and some links connected
here. Doing that  I have found this:

http://code.google.com/p/php-console/

Is a chrome extension + a php class that created a "out of band"
communication from the php error generation to the desktop, opening
notifications for the programmer.  Is really cool, If you have chrome
open, and you refresh a firefox window that generate error's, you
still get the same notifications popups.
I don't know how it work, I suppose the php class create a socket and
do some sort of "machine-readable push notifications" to chrome.

HTML5 even have a notification api.
http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/notifications/quick/

The future is going to be fun :D

end offtopic.