On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 21:29:53 +0100, Roan Kattouw wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Dan Nessett <dness...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I have poked around a bit (using Google), but have not found
>> instructions for setting up the MW regression test framework (e.g.,
>> CruiseControl or Jenkins or whatever is now being used + PHPUnit tests
>> + Selenium tests) on a local machine (so new code can be regression
>> tested before submitting patches to Bugzilla). Do such instructions
>> exist and if so, would someone provide a pointer to them?
>>
> Jenkins is only really used to run the tests automatically when someone
> commits. You ran run the PHPUnit tests locally without Jenkins.
> Instructions on installing PHPUnit and running the tests is at
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:PHP_unit_testing .
>
> I don't have URLs for you offhand, but QUnit and Selenium are probably
> also documented on mediawiki.org .
>
> Roan

OK, I downloaded latest trunk and tried to run the PHPUnit tests. I
executed make safe and got the following result:

php phpunit.php --configuration /usr/local/src/mediawiki/latest_trunk/
trunk/phase3/tests/phpunit/suite.xml  --exclude-group
Broken,Destructive,Stub
PHPUnit 3.5 or later required, you have 3.4.12

So, I upgraded PHPUnit (using pear upgrade phpunit/PHPUnit). This
installed 3.4.15 (not 3.5).

I am running on Ubuntu 8.04. Anyone have an idea how to get PHPUnit 3.5
installed?

--
-- Dan Nessett