Thanks for the response, Chad.

I know fundraising is on a different schedule than everyone else, so that's
> perfectly ok and we can look to a time after the main migrations are done
> that will work well for you guys too.

The Wikimedia repository is used by others besides just fundraising,
although the fundraising team is probably its heaviest user. I know that
some folks from Wikimedia Sweden are using it, as is Ryan Faulkner for
community analytics, and I believe Nimish has been using at as well.

That said, I imagine timing of a switchover will be most important to
coordinate with the fundraising team. I'm no longer the engineering lead
for fundraising (I've moved to the mobile team), so I suggest coordinating
with Katie Horn.

read-only by this time next year (very roughly). If you've got a project
> that
> you're maintaining in svn (other than core or extensions), now's the time
> start thinking about where you want it to eventually end up. If you're
> wanting to move to git with the rest of us, the WMF git repo will obviously
> welcome any existing svn project. If you're wanting to stick with svn or go
> another route--let me know, I'll be happy to work with you to figure
> something out.

IMO, it would be best to have the Wikimedia repo also completely converted
to Git. I imagine it will be a big logistical headache attempting to
maintain both SVN and Git repositories. But thank you for being willing to
be flexible :)

--
Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile